The Season is here! The time is now!
Are you looking for to bring more intention into your life and your daughter's life? Want more reverence to be bigger part of your daughters life than it was for yours? It starts here. If you want your daughter to unapologetically celebrate ALL parts of herself & have an inner compass to guide her through this world, it starts here.
Let's gather in circle and open space for what we want to grow!
If you want community, connection with the earth & cosmos, emotional intelligence, body fluency, creativity, self-love, seasonal rhythm with the inner & outer cycles, phases, and thresholds we interact with and walk through as a female in life- it starts here.
We are a part of great wheel of cycles that holds wisdom. This wisdom lives in us and we need a safe place to talk about it. Lets gather. Lets circle round and create art around it to better understand it! Art around it can be a bridge into conversations, curiosities, and even the heART offered in this series is a way to express one's self and give voice to a deeper part that needs to be seen. Self awareness and connection to oneself and nature is of upmost importance at this time!
-Menarche connection with the Moon
-Understanding the changes in Puberty/ Wisdom of the Cycles
- Look at Cultural studies of Menarche from around the world
- Explore the Inner & Outer Rhythms we are connected to-Wheel of Life
-Looking at the connections we have with the cycles, seasons, phases, and thresholds of Life
-Self Care during Menstruation/Options of products
- Resources/Self-care during your Moontime
- Celebration of our unique Self: Body Positivity
- Emotional regulation resources/helpful ways to deal with stress
- Grounding & harnessing your Intuition
- Healthy options to deal with anger
- Sense of belonging
Creative Outline for the Series:
-Sew felt wombs/female reproductive system
-Needle felt Maiden, Mother, Maga, Crone wool dolls
- paint a calamoondala
-moon cycle tracker jewelry made with gem stones
-wet felt a Vulva
- Ceremony/Celebration with Mom and Daughters: Mother's day?
- a Circle Art session for Fathers one evening
- To bring more self-awareness, increase self-reflection skills, build trust in intuition
- Balance of process and content- check in artwork, hands on activities, crafts, ceremony, somatic games, yoga, meditation, group discussion, and art response work to topics addressed in group meetings.
- Cultivate group culture that recognizes and appreciates differences within and out of the group culture- e.g. explore coming of age rituals and sacred rites of passage stories throughout the world and history.
- Cultivate climate of cooperation, collaboration, and mutual respect- I want each member to be seen, heard and felt at their comfort level they desire.
- Feedback is exchanged in a clear and immediate manner- I want to have an anonymous box to help create an avenue for harder questions that one does not want to ask in front of the group. - At the end of each group meeting I will ask the girls to comment, or leave a question, prepping for the next group meeting.
- Create safe space for middle school students to talk menstrual wisdom/education, the great wheel of cycles, questions and concerns about coming of age, stages of puberty etc.
- Pushing oneself to new heights
- Cultivating personal reflection
- Gathering resourcefulness
- Finding strength and purpose
- Learning to adapt to change
- Strengthening the muscles of motivation
- Cultivating mindfulness and self-awareness
- Discovering potential gifts from within
- Developing conscious communication skills and impulse control
- Creating an honest, positive, healthy approach to the body
- Developing awareness of emotions and how to effectively express them
- tuning into your intuition
- Strengthening emotional regulation toolbox
I want to be explicit that what I am offering is NOT a sex education class. More so a space holder and ART teacher for Menstrual wisdom*****************
$33/person/circle- The series does build from one to the next. Ideally, commitment to the whole series is best, but is doable to miss an art circle.
Please leave the following in the comments when Registering: Name, age of attendee, relationship to their moon- both child and parent. Thank you for being here. Look forward to connecting with you.